Available with Standard or Advanced license.
You can use Construct Polygons to create new polygons from the shapes of existing lines or polygons. For example, you might need to create new parcel features from some parcel boundary lines.
- Click the Edit tool on the Editor toolbar.
- Select the features you want to use to construct new polygons.
- Click Construct Polygons on the Advanced Editing toolbar.
- Choose the target in which the new feature will be created.
- If you have feature templates for the layers in your map, click the Template button and click the template to use to create the new feature. You can also double-click the preview of the template to choose a different template.
- If you do not have feature templates, click the layer in which to create the feature.
- Optionally, type a cluster tolerance. You should use the default cluster tolerance or match the cluster tolerance of the geodatabase topology, if you are using one.
- Optionally, check Use existing features in target to create new polygons considering the boundaries of existing polygons as input geometry.
- Click OK. The new features are created in the target feature class.