The exercises in this tutorial walk you through steps with sample data to build simple mosaic datasets, as well as slightly more complex ones, and help you understand some of the decisions you need to consider for your data and the uses of the mosaic dataset. There are also a few exercises that teach you about using a raster catalog and raster datasets.
By default, the data is installed from the tutorial DVD in C:\arcgis\ArcTutor\Raster\Data.
The data provided in the Landsat_p114r75 folder comes from Landsat.org/Tropical Rain Forest Information Center, a member of NASA's Federation for Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) at Michigan State University (http://www.landsat.org/).
The data provided in the Orthos folder comes from the Texas Geographic Information Council (http://www.tnris.state.tx.us/).
- Exercise 1: Creating a mosaic dataset
- Exercise 2: Creating multiple mosaic datasets from a single mosaic dataset
- Exercise 3: Creating and using a mosaic dataset with an altering viewpoint
- Exercise 4: Creating a mosaic dataset using the MATCH-AT raster type for orthorectification
- Exercise 5: Color balancing a mosaic dataset
- Exercise 6: Color balancing a raster catalog
- Exercise 7: Creating a pansharpened natural color mosaic dataset
- Exercise 8: Creating a mosaic datasets to contain Landsat imagery