Available with Data Reviewer license.
You need to create an administrator database connection when the Reviewer workspace is stored in an enterprise geodatabase. Create a database connection in ArcCatalog with the REV user as your Reviewer workspace location.
For more information, see Database connections in ArcGIS Desktop.
The Reviewer workspace is a geodatabase that contains the tables and dataset needed to store the results of the data validation. You'll use the REV user database connection created previously to set the Reviewer workspace location and create the schema.
You can create the connection using the Enable Data Reviewer geoprocessing tool or by completing the following steps:
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Data Reviewer.
- If you want the spatial reference of the Reviewer dataset to automatically match that of the data you're validating, load your data into ArcMap.
- Click the Reviewer Session Manager button on the Data Reviewer toolbar.
The Reviewer Session Manager dialog box appears.
- Click Browse in the Reviewer Workspace area.
The Reviewer Workspace dialog box appears.
- Browse to the database connection you created.
- Click Add.
- When the Data Reviewer message appears, click Yes to open the Enable Data Reviewer geoprocessing tool.
The Enable Data Reviewer dialog box appears with the workspace automatically populated.
- Click the Properties button next to the Coordinate System text box.
The Spatial Reference Properties dialog box appears.
- Choose the spatial reference you want to use with the Reviewer workspace.
- Optionally check the Register as Versioned check box to register your Reviewer workspace as a versioned workspace.
- Click the Use configuration keyword drop-down arrow and choose the DEFAULT or ##REVIEWER configuration keyword.
- Click OK to enable the geodatabase to store Reviewer results.
- When the Enable Data Reviewer geoprocessing tool completes the operation, click Close.
- On the Reviewer Session Manager dialog box, in the Session area, click New.
- Type a custom name for the current Reviewer session in the Name text box, if necessary.
The name matches the ID by default.
- Click the Reviewer Dataset Version drop-down arrow and choose the geodatabase version to be used.
The geodatabase version you choose from the list is the one in which the Reviewer table records are going to be stored.
- Click Start Session.
The button name changes to End Session.
- Click Close.