After you have searched and filtered your bathymetry data in the Explore Bathymetry window, you can use it to create a surface. If you have previously defined a rule file, you can load it into the Compose Surface window to define the display order of your bathymetry data.
- Start ArcMap.
- Click Customize > Toolbars > Bathymetry on the main menu to activate the Bathymetry toolbar if necessary.
Click the Compose Surface button on the Bathymetry toolbar.
The Compose Surface window appears.
- Click the Add Datasets From Explore Bathymetry Window button located at the top of the Compose Surface window.
The filtered bathymetry data is added to the Filtered Datasets list on the Compose Surface window. Files are displayed in the order they appear in the Filtered Datasets list with the top most file being displayed on top of all other files in the generated preview.
- Click Load Rules.
The Open dialog box appears.
- Browse to and select the rule file you want to load into the Compose Surface window.
- Click Open.
The rule file is loaded into the Compose Surface window.
- Optionally select one of the items in the Filtered Datasets list.
- Optionally click the up or down arrows to adjust the display order for the selected item.
The up and down arrows, located at the bottom left of the Filtered Datasets list, move the selected bathymetry item up or down one position in the list. The up and down arrows located at the bottom right of the Filtered Datasets list move a bathymetry item to the top or bottom of the list.
- Optionally click Apply Rules.
- Click the Preview button to generate a preview of the ordered surface.
A mosaic dataset containing all sorting and display rules is added to the table of contents in ArcMap.