Available with Production Mapping license.
With the Feature Manager, it is possible to validate the values you assign to attributes for selected features or a feature template. This allows you to ensure that there are no invalid combinations of values assigned to a template or a selected feature before applying the values to the database.
Attribute validation using a Reviewer batch job runs a series of data checks on the features when you change an attribute value on the Create Attributes or Update Attributes window. Any combination of the following checks can be included in the batch job:
To use a batch job to validate attributes, an attribute batch job must be associated with the data being edited. This is usually based on the product specification, or data model version, to which your data conforms.
When you associate an attribute batch job with a data model version, you can select the severity of the checks that will be returned as an error. When an error is returned, you must fix the error before the change will be committed to the feature or used by the template. If a warning is returned, the change will be committed, but it is recommended that you correct the issue if you can.
When you run validation, you can choose when batch jobs are run. While you may have multiple batch jobs defined for your data, you can choose to run only a subset of these batch jobs as you are editing features. This can be done through the shortcut menu on the Create Attribute or Update Attributes window.
If you do not have a batch job configured for validation, the attribute combination displayed on the Create Attributes or Update Attributes window is validated against your geodatabase rules.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data in the map if necessary.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Right-click in the Create Attributes or Update Attributes, window, then point to Enable Validation and ensure that a check mark appears next to Enable.
- Right-click in the Create Attributes or Update Attributes, window, then click Enable Validation > Select Batch Jobs.
The Select Batch Job(s) dialog box appears with any batch jobs you have associated with the data model version that have a type of Attribute.
By default, all the batch jobs are checked.
- If necessary, uncheck the check box next to the name of the batch job you do not want to run when attributes are changed.
- Click OK.
- Change attributes for a template or selected feature.
- Click Apply.
The new attributes are validated using the specified Reviewer batch jobs.