Available with Spatial Analyst license.
When you have a signature file ready, you can use the Maximum Likelihood Classification tool to classify the input image.
- Create training samples if no training samples have been created.
Refer to the topic Creating training samples on how to create training samples.
- Create a signature file for the training samples if it has not been created already.
Refer to the topic Creating a signature file on how to create a signature file.
- On the Image Classification toolbar, click Classification > Maximum Likelihood Classification to open the Maximum Likelihood Classification tool.
- In the tool dialog box, specify values for the three required parameters—Input raster bands, Input signature file, and Output classified raster. Accept the default values for other parameters.
- Click OK to run the tool.
The output classified raster will be automatically added to ArcMap when the tool finishes.