After you have a Tracking Server connection established, you can follow these steps to change its properties. All the properties modified in this procedure can also be accessed and set when you initially establish a Tracking Server connection.
After you have set up a Tracking Server connection, you can modify the connection properties.
- In ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcMap, expand the Tracking Connections folder in the Catalog tree.
- Right-click the name of the Tracking Server connection you want to edit and click Connection Properties. The Tracking Server Connection Properties dialog box appears.
If no connections appear, you must first establish a connection to Tracking Server.
- To change the name of your Tracking Server connection, type a new name in the Connection Name text box.
- In the What Services do you want to connect to on this server? panel, select which services you want to connect to from Tracking Server. Click the All services button to connect to all available services, or click the Just the following service(s) button and check the check boxes next to the names of the services you want to connect to.
- If you want to change the advanced settings, click the Advanced Settings button. The Tracking Server Advanced Settings dialog box opens.
- If needed, enter a new value for the command timeout in the Command Timeout (Seconds) text box. This sets the maximum amount of time allowed for a request's response to be received by the client.
- If needed, enter a new value for the connection retry interval into the Command Retry Interval (Seconds) text box. This sets the amount of time between a connection failure or connection retry and the next connection attempt.
- If needed, enter a new value for the port number into the Port text box. This sets the port number to connect to on the proxy server.
- At any time, you can click the Restore Defaults button to return to the proxy settings found by the operating system.
- When you are done specifying the advanced settings, click OK to close the Tracking Server Advanced Settings dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Tracking Server Connection Properties dialog box.
The changes you made to your Tracking Server connection are now in effect.