Enabling the ArcGIS Tracking Analyst extension
Before you begin using the ArcGIS Tracking Analyst extension, you need to enable the extension for use with ArcGIS Desktop applications. The following procedure shows you how to enable the extension in ArcMap, ArcCatalog, or ArcGlobe.
- Start one of the following applications: ArcMap, ArcCatalog, or ArcGlobe.
- Click Customize on the Main toolbar to expand the drop-down list and click Extensions to open the Extensions dialog box.
- Click the check box next to Tracking Analyst to enable the extension.
- Click Close to close the Extensions dialog box.
The ArcGIS Tracking Analyst extension is now enabled in the application. If you are using more than one ArcGIS Desktop application, you need to repeat these steps to enable the extension in those other ArcGIS Desktop applications.
Adding the Tracking Analyst toolbar
The Tracking Analyst toolbar does not appear when you start an ArcGIS application for the first time. The following procedure shows you how to add the Tracking Analyst toolbar to the ArcMap or ArcGlobe user interface.
- Start either ArcMap or ArcGlobe.
- Click Customize on the Main toolbar to expand the drop-down list, then point to Toolbars. In the list of available toolbars, click Tracking Analyst to add the toolbar.
Alternatively, you can right-click in the blank area on the Main menu bar and click Tracking Analyst to add the toolbar.
- The Tracking Analyst toolbar first appears floating in the ArcMap or ArcGlobe application. Move or dock the Tracking Analyst toolbar within the application as needed.