Available with Standard or Advanced license.
The ArcGIS Workflow Manager for Desktop applications use an ArcSDE connection to access the Workflow Manager Repository. If you know the connection information for the repository you want to connect to, you can create a new connection in the Administrator.
- Start the Administrator.
- Click Add Connection to add a new connection.
- Enter an alias and the connection information for the Workflow Manager Repository.
The connection information that is entered must have access to the JTX_DATABASES and JTX_LOGIN_INFO tables in the Workflow Manager Repository and, if it's the first time you are setting up the connection, access to all the other Workflow Manager System tables.
- Click Schema drop-down arrow and choose the schema that has the master sde system tables.
- Click OK.
If the information you've entered is the same as how you would like the users to connect to the Workflow Manager Repository when accessing it from the Client or Administrator applications, then your system is configured and ready to be used. You can skip steps 6–11.
If you would like to configure different connection properties for accessing the Workflow Manager Repository, select the new Workflow Manager Database node that was created, right-click, then click Connect.
- Right-click again, then click User Properties.
A Workspace Properties dialog box will appear with an alias of Workflow Manager System Database.
- Enter the connection properties you would like the applications to use when connecting to the repository.
The connection properties entered for the Workflow Manager System Database connection must have read/write access to all the Workflow Manager system tables.
- Select to connect to the Workflow Manager System tables as a specific user name or connect using individual logins. If you choose the Always connect with the following database login option, enter a user name and password (and the database if using SQL Server) that has access to all the Workflow Manager system tables. If you choose the Operating System Authentication option, ensure that all users accessing the database have access to all the Workflow Manager system tables. If you choose the Each WMX User will connect with their own database login option, you will need to add connection properties for each user.
- After choosing the Each WMX User will connect with their own database login option, click Add to add connection properties to the Workflow Manager System Tables for each user.
- Select or type in the WMX Username text box and enter how you would like that user to connect to the Workflow Manager System Tables.
- Click OK.