Available with Standard or Advanced license.
You can create new, empty INFO tables in ArcCatalog. There are a number of rules to creating INFO tables:
- The table's name must be 32 characters or fewer, and column names must not exceed 16 characters in length.
- Columns are defined using standard data types, such as binary.
- The input width is the maximum number of characters or bytes used to store the column's values.
- For numeric columns, the width must be large enough to accommodate the decimal point and negative sign.
- The display width is the number of spaces used to display values in ArcInfo Workstation; for decimal values, the display width should be one space greater than the input width to account for the decimal point.
Use the Create Table tool to create a new INFO table. This tool can be quickly located and launched from within ArcMap's Search window.
- In the Search window, click the Tools link and type "create info table" in the input box.
- Click Create Table to open the tool's dialog box.
- Browse to the workspace location in which the output table will be created.
- Type the name of the table to be created.
- Click the Table Template Name drop-down arrow to select the table, or click the browse button and navigate to the file in the Template Table Name dialog box.
The Template Table Name is optional. The purpose is to use another table whose attribute schema is to be used to define the new output table.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
The new INFO table appears in the Catalog tree.