Bézier constructs smoothed curves. You can use the handles to change the angle, height, and shape of the curve. If you rotate the handles, you can create an S-shaped curve.
- These steps can be used to create vertices in either lines or polygons:
To create a vertex in a line
Click a line feature template in the Create Features window and click the Line tool .
To create a vertex in a polygon
Click a polygon feature template in the Create Features window and click the Polygon tool .
- Click Bézier Curve on the Editor toolbar construction method palette.
- Click where you want the curve to begin.
- Drag the handle to set the distance and angle of the curve.
- Click where you want that curve to end.
- Drag that handle to complete the curve's shape.
Pressing the M key allows you to hold down the mouse button while dragging the Bézier control arm handle to shape the curve.
- If you want to reshape the curve, you can edit the curve later by moving the handles with the Edit tool.