The ST_Geometry library can contain new functionality or fixes at each ArcGIS release. You can upgrade the ST_Geometry type in your Oracle database using the Create Spatial Type geoprocessing tool or the CreateSpatialType ArcPy function.
Grant the following privileges to the sde user if it does not already have them:
- CREATE SESSION
- CREATE TABLE
- CREATE VIEW
- CREATE PROCEDURE
- CREATE SEQUENCE
- CREATE TRIGGER
- CREATE TYPE
- CREATE INDEXTYPE
- CREATE LIBRARY
- CREATE OPERATOR
- CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM
- DROP PUBLIC SYNONYM
- ADMINISTER DATABASE TRIGGER
- Install a new release of ArcGIS Desktop to obtain the new version of the st_shapelib (Windows) or libst_shapelib (Linux) library.
- Make a backup copy of or rename the existing st_shapelib (Windows) or libst_shapelib (Linux) library on the Oracle server.
- Copy the new library from the DatabaseSupport directory in the ArcGIS Desktop installation location, and place it in the same directory on the Oracle server where you had placed the old library originally.
If you place it in a new location, you will have to update the library definition in Oracle. Be sure to use the library appropriate for your Oracle server operating system.
- Start ArcCatalog or ArcMap, open the Catalog window, and connect to the database as an Oracle sys database administrator.
This creates an .sde file in C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop<version_number>\ArcCatalog.
- To update the ST_Geometry type, subtypes, and functions in the database, run the Create Spatial Type geoprocessing tool or a Python script that uses the CreateSpatialType function and the .sde file you created in the last step.