Available with Standard or Advanced license.
Usually, once data is registered as versioned, you do not unregister it as versioned. However, you must unregister a feature dataset as versioned when you want to do one of the following:
- Create a topology.
- Create a geometric network.
- Add or remove a feature class from a geometric network.
- Create a network dataset.
- Add or remove a feature class from a network dataset or make other schema changes.
Unregistering a feature class or table as versioned drops the delta tables and versioned view associated with the feature class or table. Unregistering a feature dataset as versioned drops all delta tables and versioned views for all feature classes in the feature dataset. Therefore, any edits in the delta tables that had not been posted and compressed to the DEFAULT version will be lost.
Follow these steps to unregister a feature class, table, or feature dataset as versioned from the Catalog tree in ArcGIS Desktop:
- If you want to save edits to all versions, reconcile and post each version in the database against the DEFAULT version.
- After posting, delete each named geodatabase version.
Do not delete DEFAULT.
- Make sure the geodatabase administrator compresses the geodatabase.
- Once the geodatabase has been compressed, reconnect to the geodatabase, right-click your dataset, point to Manage, then click Unregister As Versioned.
- If you did not complete step 1 and want to save edits to the DEFAULT version, you will be prompted to compress the edits for the version to which you are connected in the DEFAULT version. Check Compress all edits in the Default version into the base table to do this.
- Click OK.