The Vector Field function is used to composite and convert two rasters into a two-band raster that is either of data type Magnitude-Direction, or of data type U-V.
There are five parameters for this function:
- Input Raster 1—The first input for this function.
- Input Raster 2—The second input for this function.
- Input Data Type—Choose which type of vector field your inputs are in: U-V, Magnitude-Direction, or Unknown.
- Angle Reference system—Specify how the direction component was measured.
- Geographic—The component uses 0 degrees as due north and 90 degrees as due east.
- Arithmetic—The component uses 0 degrees as due east and 90 degrees as due north.
- Output Data Type—Choose which type of vector field your output will be: U-V or Magnitude-Direction.
Once you specify your parameters, you can use the Vector Field Renderer function to display your raster.