- Prior to installation, review the ArcGIS License Manager system requirements information located in the License Manager system requirements.
- Administrative privileges are required for installing ArcGIS License Manager.
How to install the ArcGIS License Manager
To install only the License Manager, follow these steps:
- Log in as a user with administrative privileges.
- Close all applications on your computer.
- Choose the License Manager (Windows or Linux) option from the download menu and run the installer.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. The ArcGIS License Manager provides you with the ability to choose where you want to install the License Manager. Using ArcGIS License Manager 2018.0 as an example, the Windows default installation location is C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\LicenseManager. On UNIX and Linux, the default installation location is $HOME/arcgis/licensemanager.
- Once you have completed the License Manager installation, you can use the ArcGIS License Server Administrator to authorize licenses for the License Manager.
- Click Authorization in the table of contents and click the Authorize Now button to launch the Software Authorization Wizard.
- Follow the instructions on the dialog box to complete the authorization process.
- Click Finish to close the wizard and return to License Server Administrator.
Once you have completed the License Manager installation, you can supply the License Manager information to those users installing CityEngine. They can browse to this network License Manager when prompted for the License Manager machine after their CityEngine installation.
For more information about using or troubleshooting the License Manager, see the License Manager Reference Guide, lmrefguide.htm, available in the Documentation folder of the CityEngine media kit. After installing the License Manager, this guide is also available from Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager > License Manager Reference Guide or in the installation folder at C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\LicenseManager\Documentation\lmrefguide.htm. On UNIX and Linux machines, the License Manager Reference Guide can be accessed from $HOME/arcgis/licensemanager/documentation/lmrefguide.htm.
CityEngine Concurrent Use
CityEngine 2018.x Concurrent Use requires an ArcGIS License Manager 2018.0 be installed and authorized with CityEngine 2016 - 2018 Concurrent Use licenses. Existing CityEngine 2012 - 2015 concurrent use licenses will not work with the CityEngine 2018.x product. Note that CityEngine 2016 - 2018 Concurrent Use licenses will work with CityEngine 2012 - 2018 products.
To authorize the CityEngine 2018.x Concurrent Use Product, click Authorization in the ArcGIS License Manager table of contents, select CE 2012-2018 from the Version drop-down list, and click the Authorize Now button to launch the Software Authorization Wizard. For more information on new installations, or installations over versions earlier than ArcGIS License Manager 2018.0, see the ArcGIS License Manager reference guide.
Obtaining software authorization numbers
Your account's primary maintenance contact can obtain authorization numbers from the My Esri site. After signing in with your Esri Account, click My Organizations > Licensing > Authorizations. Click a product name to obtain its authorization number. You can also click on 'Show Filter Options' and type in the name of the product.
The license version of authorizations eligible for use with CityEngine will display as 2018.x under Authorizations. For those outside the United States, contact your local distributor for information about your authorization numbers.
Your Esri office or distributor provides support of CityEngine2018.x . For your Esri office or distributor's contact information, visit http://support.esri.com/en/phoneSupport.