- Prior to installation, review the CityEngine 2017.x system requirements.
- Administrative privileges are required for installing CityEngine.
- For help with installation, see the corresponding installation guide for your operating system.
- CityEngine 2017.x can operate on the same machine as a previous version of CityEngine. However, CityEngine 2017.x must be installed to a different folder than the previous version and authorized separately before use. Existing CityEngine 2012.1-2016.1 licenses will not work with CityEngine 2017.x product.
- Following the CityEngine install, the ArcGIS Administrator Wizard will be launched. Choose your single use product, select Authorize Now, and step through the Software Authorization Wizard, or enter your Concurrent Use License Manager and press OK.
Obtaining software authorization numbers
If needed, your account's primary maintenance contact can obtain authorization numbers from the My Esri site. After signing in with your Esri Account, click My Organizations > Licensing > Authorizations. Click a product name to obtain its authorization number. You can also click on 'Show Filter Options' and type in the name of the product.
The license version of authorizations eligible for use with CityEngine will display as 2017.x under Authorizations.
For those outside the United States, contact your local distributor for information about your authorization numbers.
ArcGIS 10.5.1 License Manager
CityEngine Concurrent Use requires ArcGIS 10.5.1 License Manager. See the ArcGIS License Manager for CityEngine quick start guide and the ArcGIS License Manager reference guide for more information.
Your Esri office or distributor provides support for CityEngine. For your Esri office or distributor's contact information, visit http://support.esri.com/en/phoneSupport.