Part 1 : Polygonal Modeling
In this tutorial we will make a simple house using the polygonal modeling tools.
- In the navigtator, double click on 14A_Basic_1.cej from the tutorial folder to open the initial project.
- Select the polygonal shape creation tool.
- Click in the viewport to set the first point on the bottom left corner of the white outline.
- Move the mouse to preview the line.
- Find the snapping line to the top, and click on the top left point of the outline.
- Move the mouse, and find the 90 degree snapping line.
- Click to set the third point.
- Do the same for the fourth point.
- Follow the shape outline, and click to set the fifth point.
- For the last point, find the intersection between the parallel snapping line (shown with small parallel signs) and the 90 degree snapping line from the first point.
- Click on the first point again to finish the shape.
- To create a 3d house, hover over the polygon.
- Click the orange handle and hold the mouse. Drag up the orange handle.
- Split of the back section: hover over the edge, click, go for the parallel snap combined with the edge snap, and click again.
- Hover over the polygon, and drag it up.
- To create the roof, split the front polygon (polygon) like the last one. Then, hover over the edge. An orange handle appears. Drag it up, until you snap to the polygon.
- To pull the roof out, first select the rectangle tool. Snap to the corner, click, snap to the edge and click again.
- Then drag out this polygon. Depending on what roof you want, you can drag along the green or the blue arrow. Use the blue for now.
- To create a garage, first draw a rectangle. Then drag it out.
- Draw another rectangle, drag it inwards a bit.
- Now, create a door: draw a rectangle and drag it in.
- Rotate the camera to view the house from above. Click on the corner, and follow the snapline until the snapline from the top appears.
- Click and then click on the other corner to finish the polygon.
Dashed orange lines appear when snapped.
A small arc appears between the current and the previous line for this snap.
Part 2: Texturing
The shape is now finished, let us texture it. You can continue with your scene, or alternatively open the reference 14A_Basic_2.cej.
- Click the selection tool, and then click on the house.
- Open the texturing tool. Click browse, and select the wall_stones texture.
- Double click to open. For a uniform texturing, select mode-dimensions and assign. To make the bricks smaller, set width and height to 10.
- Now select all roofs. Double click on the first polygon, then hold control and click on the other ones.
- Browse for the roof texture and click assign.
- For the door, pick the door texture. Set the mode to stretch to polygon, to make the texture fit the door, and click assign.
- Do the same for the garage, with the garage texture. The house is now completely finished.
You can find it in the asset folder of the tutorial.