The ArcGIS for INSPIRE package includes the following setups:
- Desktop extension—Enables the map and ArcGIS for INSPIRE services authoring
- Enterprise extension—Extends ArcGIS Enterprise by adding ArcGIS for INSPIRE server capabilities including view, feature download, and predefined dataset download services
- Geoportal Server—Enables INSPIRE metadata creation and sharing with INSPIRE discovery service
Installation requirements and guidelines
Determine if this is a new installation or an upgrade to an existing installation of ArcGIS for INSPIRE. If you're performing an upgrade, ArcGIS for INSPIRE requires both ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Enterprise to be upgraded as well as to function properly. There are two sequences to install ArcGIS for INSPIRE, depending on your circumstance.
For new installations and upgrades, complete the following steps:
- Install ArcGIS Desktop.
- Install ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Install ArcGIS for INSPIRE.
- Install the Desktop extension. For more information, see ArcGIS for INSPIRE Desktop extension.
- Install the Enterprise extension. ArcGIS for INSPIRE is an extension of ArcGIS Enterprise, enabled through the GIS Server. For more information, see ArcGIS for INSPIRE Enterprise extension.
- Install the geodatabase templates as follows:
- The latest version of ArcGIS for INSPIRE can work with the new ArcGIS for INSPIRE geodatabase template or a previous version of ArcGIS for INSPIRE geodatabase. See the InstallationGuide_ArcGISForINSPIRE_GDB_10_6_1_EN.pdf for the latest ArcGIS for INSPIRE geodatabase.
For Geoportal Server, the latest version is based on Geoportal Server 1.2.9 with some INSPIRE-specific updates. The installation steps are the same for Geoportal Server 1.2.9. If it is a new installation, complete the following steps:
- Access Geoportal Server 1.2.9 from the Download link.
- Set up the Geoportal Server database following the Geoportal Server installation guide .
- Deploy the INSPIRE geoportal.war file (included in the ArcGIS for INSPIRE package) and follow the Geoportal Server Installation guide for configuration instructions.
If you have an existing INSPIRE Geoportal Server instance installed and are considering upgrading to the INSPIRE Geoportal Server from the latest ArcGIS for INSPIRE package, read the upgrade overview, which provides a high-level view of considerations when doing a geoportal upgrade.
Installation guide documents, as well as acknowledgments to third parties whose software has been used in permissible forms with ArcGIS for INSPIRE, are available in the respective component folders (for example, DesktopExt for ArcGIS for INSPIRE desktop extension).
If you're performing a new installation, you can choose to install the Annex I, Land Cover, Geology, Mineral Resources, Land Use, or Statistical Units geodatabase templates, either separately or in combination. The geodatabase templates are available in the installation package. If you're considering upgrading an existing ArcGIS for INSPIRE geodatabase, see ArcGIS for INSPIRE geodatabase template installation guide for details.
After installing the software, you must authorize it for use. Sign in to the Esri Customer Care portal using your Esri Global Account credentials to obtain the authorization numbers. See the installation guide for more information.
Refer to the ArcGIS for INSPIRE release notes for a list of features available with ArcGIS for INSPIRE and current known issues.
Your Esri regional office or international distributor provides support for ArcGIS; for the appropriate contact information, visit Technical Support.