The ArcGIS for INSPIRE package includes the following setups:
- Desktop extension—Enables the map and ArcGIS for INSPIRE services authoring
- Server extension—Extends ArcGIS Server by adding ArcGIS for INSPIRE server capabilities including: view, feature download, and predefined dataset download services.
- Geoportal Server—Enables INSPIRE metadata creation and sharing with INSPIRE discovery service.
Installation Requirements and Guidelines
Determine if this is a new installation or an upgrade to an existing installation of ArcGIS for INSPIRE. If you are performing an upgrade, ArcGIS for INSPIRE requires both ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Server to be upgraded as well to function properly. There are two sequences to install ArcGIS for INSPIRE, depending on your circumstance.
For new installations and upgrades:
- Install ArcGIS for Desktop.
- Install ArcGIS for Server.
- Install ArcGIS for INSPIRE.
- Install the Desktop Extension. For more information, see ArcGIS for INSPIRE Desktop Extension.
- Install the Server Extension. For more information, see ArcGIS for INSPIRE Server Extension.
- Install the geodatabase templates:
- The latest version of ArcGIS for INSPIRE can work with the new ArcGIS for INSPIRE geodatabase template or a previous version of ArcGIS for INSPIRE geodatabase. See the InstallationGuide_ArcGISForINSPIRE_GDB_10_5_EN.pdf for the latest ArcGIS for INSPIRE geodatabase. .
If you have 10.1 or 10.2.x version of ArcGIS or ArcGIS for INSPIRE installed and plan to upgrade, refer to the migration guide MigrationGuide_ArcGISForINSPIRE_10_5_EN.pdf for details.
If you have ArcGIS 10 and ArcGIS 1.0 for INSPIRE implementation, you need to uninstall the older version and install the latest version.
For Geoportal Server, the latest version is based on Geoportal Server 1.2.7 with some INSPIRE-specific updates. The Installation steps are the same for Geoportal Server 1.2.6. If it is a new installation, follow these steps:
- Access Geoportal Server 1.2.7 from the Download link.
- Set up the Geoportal Server database following the Geoportal Server installation guide .
- Deploy the INSPIRE geoportal.war file (included in the ArcGIS for INSPIRE package) and follow the Geoportal Server Installation guide for configuration instructions.
If you already have an existing INSPIRE Geoportal Server instance installed and consider upgrading to the INSPIRE Geoportal Server from the latest ArcGIS for INSPIRE package, please read the upgrade overview, which provides a high-level view of considerations when doing a geoportal upgrade.
Installation guide documents, as well as acknowledgments to third parties, whose software has been used in permissible forms with ArcGIS for INSPIRE, are available in the respective component folders (for example, DesktopExt for ArcGIS for INSPIRE Desktop extension).
If you are performing a new installation, you can choose to install Annex I, Land Cover, Geology, Mineral Resources, Land Use, or Statistical Units geodatabase templates, either separately or in combination. The geodatabase templates are available within the installation package. If you are considering upgrading an existing ArcGIS for INSPIRE geodatabase, see ArcGIS for INSPIRE Geodatabase Template Installation Guide for details.
After installing the software, you must authorize it for use. Log in to the Esri Customer Care portal (customers.esri.com) using your Esri Global Account credentials to obtain the authorization numbers. View the Installation Guide for more information.
Refer to the ArcGIS for INSPIRE Release Notes document to see a list of features available with ArcGIS for INSPIRE and current known issues within the product.
Your Esri regional office or international distributor provides support for ArcGIS; for the appropriate contact information, visit support.esri.com/en/phoneSupport.
Another useful source of information is the online web help available in different languages: