- Prior to installation, review the ArcGIS License Manager system requirements.
- Administrative privileges are required for installing ArcGIS License Manager.
- For help with the installation of ArcGIS License Manager, see the corresponding ArcGIS License Manager installation guide.
- The License Manager reference guide is installed with ArcGIS License Manager 2018.0. This can be accessed from Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager > License Manager Reference Guide or from the ArcGIS help on the ArcGIS Desktop site.
- For all of your Esri software support needs, such as help, forums, blogs, downloads, samples, and knowledge base articles, visit support.esri.com.
Upgrading to ArcGIS 10.6.1
The copy protection mechanism for ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 and ArcGIS Engine 10.6.1 Concurrent Use has been updated. This update requires that ArcGIS License Manager 2018.0 be installed to support these products.
The ArcGIS License Manager 2018.0 setup package is designed to detect and upgrade any existing installation of the ArcGIS License Manager product. Any existing authorized licenses are retained in the upgrade. The License Manager Options file and any specific ports present in the service.txt file before the upgrade, may need to be manually reconfigured in the service.txt file following the License Manager upgrade. See the ArcGIS License Manager reference guide for more information on installation upgrades and new installations.
Existing ArcGIS 10.1–10.6 authorization numbers will work with ArcGIS 10.6.1.
If ArcGIS License Manager 2018.0 will be installed on a machine that is different from where an earlier version of ArcGIS License Manager is currently installed, and you want to use the existing authorizations with ArcGIS License Manager 2018.0, the earlier version of ArcGIS License Manager must first be deauthorized before authorizing the new License Manager installation.
Obtaining software authorization numbers
If needed, your account's primary maintenance contact can obtain authorization numbers from My Esri . After signing in with your Esri Account, click My Organizations > Products > View Authorizations. Click a product name to obtain its authorization number.
The license version on authorizations eligible for use with ArcGIS 10.6.1 will display as 10.1–10.6.1 under View Authorizations. For those outside the United States, contact your local distributor for information about your authorization numbers.