Location Referencing includes four setups. During each of the installations, you can choose to install the products for which you have licenses.
Location Referencing for Desktop
- ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing for Desktop
- Esri Roads and Highways for Desktop
Location Referencing for Server
- ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing for Server
- Event Editor web app
- Esri Roads and Highways for Server
- Roadway Characteristics Editor (Event Editor web app)
- Roadway Reporter web app
Mapping and Charting Solutions for Desktop (for accessing ArcGIS Data Reviewer)
- Esri Production Mapping (includes ArcGIS Data Reviewer)
- Esri Defense Mapping
- ArcGIS for Aviation
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
ArcGIS Workflow Manager for Desktop
- Workflow Manager
- ArcGIS Location Referencing includes many Desktop and Server extensions. See What's included for a list of extensions.
- Prior to installing, the same version of ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Server must be installed.
- Review the Desktop or Server system requirements for the extension.
- Administrative privileges are required for installation.
- Download and install the extension. If Esri Roads and Highways is currently installed on your system, see Upgrading Esri Roads and Highways. For help, see the corresponding Desktop (see the section Administer ArcGIS for Desktop) or Server installation guide. Optionally, click Help on the first page of the installation wizard.
- Obtain your software authorization numbers and authorize the software.
Upgrading to Esri Roads and Highways
The setup is designed to upgrade an existing installation of the software.
Obtaining your software authorization numbers
Pipeline Referencing and Esri Roads and Highways must be authorized for use.
The following license features are included with each product:
|Desktop Product||License feature|
Location Referencing, Production Mapping, Data Reviewer, Workflow Manager
|Esri Roads and Highways|
Roads and Highways, Production Mapping, Data Reviewer, Workflow Manager
|Server Product||License feature|
|Esri Roads and Highways||Roads and Highways|
Esri Production Mapping
Roadway Characteristics Editor (Event Editor web app)
Does not require a license
Roadway Reporter for Esri Roads and Highways web app
If needed, your account's primary maintenance contact can obtain authorization numbers for each feature from My Esri. After signing in, click My Organizations > Licensing > Authorizations. Click a product name to obtain its authorization number. Click Show Filter Options to filter the product list. See ArcGIS for Desktop installation guide and ArcGIS for Server installation guide for information on authorizing.
For those outside the United States, contact your local distributor for information about your authorization numbers.