- Prior to installation, review the ArcReader system requirements.
- Administrative privileges are required for installing.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is required for installing.
- Download and install the component.
- Visit ArcGIS for Desktop for access to additional resources such as documentation and support.
ArcReader is available as a localized setup. Language pack setups are also available to apply additional languages to existing installations of this component.
Upgrading to ArcGIS 10.4.1
The ArcGIS 10.4.1 setup package is designed to detect and upgrade an existing installation of the same ArcGIS product. The settings for the installation location are retained in the upgrade.
If you're installing ArcGIS 10.4.1 over versions earlier than ArcGIS 10.1, those versions must be uninstalled before ArcReader 10.4.1 can be installed.