Supported database versions
Data Warehouse Appliances
IBM Netezza Platform Software (NPS) v7.1 / IBM Netezza Analytics (INZA) v3.0
IBM Netezza Platform Software (NPS) v7.2 / IBM Netezza Analytics (INZA) v3.2
- See Connect to Netezza from ArcGIS for important information about configuring ODBC for Netezza.
- Geodatabase functionality is not supported with Netezza database.
- If using the legacy Netezza Spatial Package, all spatial columns must be named, or aliased, to SHAPE for ArcGIS to recognize it as a spatial column in the table.
- Feature services are not supported with Netezza.
- Any geoprocessing operation that writes information to the database requires the generation of unique ObjectID values. Netezza does not generate ObjectIDs; therefore, any tool that writes data to the database is not supported with Netezza.
- ArcGIS direct connect driver will not work with an IBM Netezza appliance that is configured with a multiple schema support setting other than the default (enable_schema_dbo_check 0)
- Geospatial capability comes with the IBM Netezza Analytics software package, and there are two types of supported spatial libraries.
- nzSpatial—The legacy variant of the spatial library.
- nzSpatial_Esri—The Esri variant of the spatial library.
- *For further information about Netezza, visit http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/netezza/.
Software required to connect to a DBMS
Your client machine (for example, the one running ArcMap) will need to have the appropriate client files installed for the RDBMS you are using. These client files are available from their respective RDBMS vendors, but some are also available on My Esri as a convenience. RDBMS client files available from My Esri are IBM DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server. Client files for ALTIBASE, Dameng, IBM Informix, IBM Netezza, Oracle, SAP HANA, and Teradata are not available on My Esri and must be obtained from the RDBMS vendors. See Database clients for more information.