The properties of a model tool include name, label, description, and whether paths are to be stored relative to the toolbox location.
- In the Catalog window or ArcToolbox window, right-click the model tool and click Properties. Or do one of the following:
- In the ModelBuilder menu, click Model > Model Properties.
- Right-click anywhere on the model diagram and click Model Properties.
- Click the General tab.
- Type a name, label, and description. Name and label are required.
- Check Store relative path names (instead of absolute paths) if you want all data in your model to be found relative to the toolbox location.
A relative path refers to a location that is relative to a current directory.