A model report documents everything contained in the model. It contains three sections: Model Report, Variables, and Processes.
- Model Report—Shows the date and time the report was generated.
- Variables—Contains a section on each data and value variable in the model and lists the data type, value, and any messages about the variable.
- Processes—Contains a section on each process (tool plus data) in the model. For each process, the name and location of the tool is listed, along with a table describing each parameter, its direction (input or output), its type (required or optional), its data type, and its value. There is also a section containing messages from the last execution of the process. Alternatively, you can right-click a tool or variable element in the model and click View Messages.
To create a model report, do the following:
- Choose from the menu by clicking Model > Report.
- Choose either Report on your screen or Save it to a file as the way you will view the report.
- If you choose to save, navigate to the location you want to save the report, type in a new name, then click Save.
Reports are saved to an XML file. You can view this file in your browser, such as Internet Explorer, as shown in the illustration below: