License borrowing allows users of ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS Engine Runtime, and Esri CityEngine to temporarily take concurrent use licenses from the license manager and install them locally on their machines to use when off the network.
- Launch ArcGIS License Server Administrator from Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager > License Server Administrator.
- Choose Configure from the table of contents.
- Check the Allow License Borrowing check box if unchecked.
- Enter the maximum number of days for which licenses can be borrowed. Shorter borrowing timeouts are recommended.
- Click Apply to apply changes and restart the service.