Available with 3D Analyst license.
Polygon fills and triangulated irregular network (TIN) triangles can be symbolized with 3D symbols using the 3D Texture Fill Symbol option. Use this option to realistically display land-use features or other polygonal areas. For example, you can symbolize park polygons using a grass texture fill symbol.
- In the table of contents, click the symbol of the polygon layer you want to modify.
The Symbol Selector dialog box opens.
- Click Edit Symbol.
- Click the Type drop-down arrow and click 3D Texture Fill Symbol.
- Browse to the texture you want to use and click Open.
- Optionally, type an angle you want to use to rotate the texture.
- Optionally, specify the height or width of the texture to scale it.
- Click OK on all dialog boxes.