Available with 3D Analyst license.
In some cases, 3D lines may need vertical segments. One example would be an elevator shaft within an interior transportation network. A 3D line segment can be constructed vertically using the Vertical tool in a positive or negative direction.
- Start a 3D edit session from the 3D Editor toolbar.
- Click the line feature template on the Create Features window and click the Line construction tool.
- Click inside the 3D view to create at least one vertex.
- Right-click and click Vertical on the context menu.
- Click once to digitize the endpoint of the segment.
- Click Save Edits from the 3D Editor drop-down menu to save your vertical line.