Available with 3D Analyst license.
You can quickly assign symbology to features inside ArcScene by referencing styles. Styles are simply logical collections of predefined symbols, properties of symbols, and colors. Styles help promote standards and consistency in your organization's mapping and 3D visualization products.
The default style used in ArcScene is the ArcScene Basic style. This style includes simple marker symbols; standard symbol elements such as colors, color ramps, lines, fills, and text; as well as billboarded marker symbols (PNG format).
To assign other styles for use in ArcScene, do the following:
- Right-click the layer in the table of contents and click Properties.
- Click the Symbology tab.
- Click the Symbol button.
- Click Style References at the bottom of the dialog box and check the box for the style you want to use.
- Optionally, click Set as Default List to add that style to your default list of referenced styles each time you use ArcScene.
- Click OK to close the Style References dialog box.
- The symbols available for the style you select are automatically populated by their category on the Symbol Selector dialog box.
- If you choose a style that does not match your geometry type (example, 3D trees can only symbolize points, not lines or polygons), the symbols will not be available.
- Click the symbol you want to use.
- Click OK on all dialog boxes.