The Clear Selected Feature(s) tool removes the exceptions (inclusions and exclusions) from master features in the production database. Once an inclusion exception has been cleared from a master feature, that feature will no longer be included in the set for the Carto Commander tool to process for cartographic feature creation and/or maintenance. Once an exclusion exception has been cleared from a master feature, that feature is not excluded from the set for processing by the Carto Commander tool; a cartographic feature will be created and maintained.
- Start ArcMap.
- Ensure that the correct product library and production database are set.
- Ensure that the layers for which you are creating cartographic exceptions are sourced to the same production database version as that which was chosen by clicking Customize > Production > Production Properties and clicking the Data Management pane.
- In the Product Library window, use the tree view to browse to the instance for which you would like to clear exceptions.
- Click the instance once to highlight the entry in the Product Library window.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Aviation Editing toolbar.
- Select one or more master features in one or more feature classes.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Data Management.
- Click the Clear Selected Exceptions(s) button on the Aviation Data Management toolbar.
The included and excluded master features that had exceptions are cleared and are not used by the Carto Commander tool for cartographic feature processing.