The Instrument Approach Profile tool draws the final transition of the procedure, by default, unless an additional transition is selected from the Instrument Approach Profile Selection dialog box. Other transitions can be manually added using the tools on the Aviation Profile Edit toolbar.
The final transition is the portion of the procedure that ends at the Missed Approach Point and usually begins at the Final Approach Fix. The Instrument Approach Profile tool considers ProcedureLeg and ProcedureLegPoint features to be part of the final transition if their TransitionIdent_Txt attribute is either ALL or NULL.
- Start ArcMap.
- Ensure that the production database is set to the appropriate database.
- Ensure that the data model version is set to an AIS-based data model.
- If necessary, modify the profile view settings for the new profile views you want to create.
- Ensure that your chart's data frame is set to the appropriate instance by right-clicking the data frame, selecting Properties, and clicking the Product Library tab.
- Click OK.
- On the main menu, click View > Layout View.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Terminal Procedure.
- Click the Instrument Approach Profile button on the Aviation Terminal Procedures toolbar.
The Instrument Approach Profile Selection dialog box appears.
By default, all the procedures in the production database's TerminalProcedure table are listed. If the TerminalProcedure table is added to the map's Table Of Contents window and a definition query is applied, only those procedures that satisfy the query are listed.
- Select the airport name from the dialog box.
A list of procedures appear below the airport name.
- To modify the instrument approach profile view settings, click Edit.
- Click OK to generate the instrument approach profile view.
The profile view is created.