The Edit Annotation tool is the best tool to access the shortcut menu containing the annotation editing options. Selecting annotation with the tool and right-clicking shows the shortcut menu. The Abbreviate and Anno Resize options have additional options available.
For annotation abbreviation, the options listed are based on the values in a domain (Code_LabelStatus), which is associated with the LabelStatus_Code field in the cartographic feature class. The values in that domain show up as abbreviation options, and the result is a change in the LabelStatus_Code attribute value and an abbreviated annotation feature.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Aviation Editing toolbar.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Annotation.
- Click the Edit Annotation tool on the Aviation Annotation toolbar.
- Click an annotation feature to select it.
- Right-click the annotation feature and choose a function in the shortcut menu.