In certain cases, it may be necessary to specifically exclude a feature from a product even though it falls within the area of interest (AOI). The Exclude Selected Feature(s) tool can be used to create cartographic exceptions for these features to ensure that the Carto Commander tool will not create cartographic features for them.
- Start ArcMap.
- Ensure that the correct product library and production database are set.
- Ensure that the layers for which you are creating cartographic exceptions are sourced to the same production database version as that which was chosen by clicking Customize > Production > Production Properties and clicking the Data Management pane.
- On the Product Library window, use the tree view to browse to the instance for which to create exceptions.
- Click the instance once to highlight the entry on the Product Library window.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Aviation Editing toolbar.
- Select one or more master features in one or more feature classes.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Data Management.
- Click the Exclude Selected Feature(s) button on the Aviation Data Management toolbar.
The features are stored in the PLTS_CartoExceptions table located in the current production database and are excluded from cartographic feature processing by the Carto Commander tool.