It is not uncommon for a feature that falls outside of a chart's area of interest (AOI) to be depicted on that chart for cartographic purposes. In this situation, the Include Selected Feature(s) tool can be used to create a cartographic exception for the feature.
The cartographic exceptions created by the Include Selected Feature(s) tool are used by the Carto Commander tool when creating, modifying, or deleting cartographic features.
- Start ArcMap.
- Ensure that the correct product library and production database are set.
- Ensure that the layers for which you are creating cartographic exceptions are sourced to the same production database version as that which was chosen by clicking Customize > Production > Production Properties and clicking the Data Management pane.
- On the Product Library window, use the tree view to browse to the instance for which to create exceptions.
- Click the instance once to highlight the entry on the Product Library window.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Aviation Editing toolbar.
- Select one or more master features in one or more feature classes.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Data Management.
- Click the Include Selected Feature(s) button on the Aviation Data Management toolbar.
The features are stored in the PLTS_CartoExceptions table located in the current production database and are included for cartographic feature processing by the Carto Commander tool.