Available with Production Mapping license.
The Merge Feature Builder Geometries tool performs a topological union between features and updates their descriptive properties to reflect the changes.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the menu bar, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Feature Builder.
- Click the Feature Builder button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
The Feature Builder window appears.
- Verify that the feature builder scratch dataset is loaded in your map.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Choose the feature builder scratch database as your editing workspace.
- Select one or more feature builder polygon and line geometries.
- Click the Merge Feature Builder Geometries button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
Adjacent polygons are merged, with adjoining segments becoming lines.