There may be situations when the stipple element angle should be something other than the default 16° angle to the nearest top point of the runway element. The stipple element can be rotated to change the default angle on a chart-by-chart basis.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click View > Layout View.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Terminal Procedure.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Draw.
- Click the Edit Instrument Approach Profile button on the Aviation Terminal Procedure toolbar.
- Select the stipple element.
- Click the Rotate button on the Draw toolbar.
- Pause the Rotate tool over the X located in the center of the stipple element.
- Click and drag it to the top corner of the runway element (the corner closest to the stipple element) where the stipple element node intersects the runway corner.
- Move the pointer away from the node to return the pointer to the rotate icon.
The pointer returns to the default rotate mouse pointer.
- Click the stipple element and drag the mouse pointer to rotate the stipple element around the anchor point connected to the runway.
The stipple element is rotated.