Available with Production Mapping license.
The Dice Polygon tool splits existing polygons with intersecting segments. The intersecting geometries can be polylines or polygons. The output is polygon features.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the menu bar, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Feature Builder.
- Click the Feature Builder button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
The Feature Builder window appears.
- Verify that the feature builder scratch dataset is loaded in your map.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Choose the feature builder scratch database as your editing workspace.
- Select one or more Feature Builder polygon and line geometries.
- Click the Dice Polygons button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
Polygons are created where the lines and the polygons intersect.