Available with Data Reviewer license.
The Total Feature Count command allows you to view the number of features in the map based on feature classes and subtypes, respectively. A total number is given for each feature class, then for each subtype. The grand total of all the features in the map is displayed at the bottom of the window.
The total feature count provides a snapshot of the features that are currently loaded in the map. The way the feature classes are listed in the Total Feature Count window matches the table of contents, and each feature class can be expanded or collapsed to view quantities for individual subtypes.
If necessary, you can export the feature counts to a comma-separated value (CSV) file that can be viewed in Microsoft Excel or a text editor. You can also copy the feature counts as text and paste them into a text document.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Data Reviewer.
- On the Data Reviewer toolbar, click Data Reviewer > Total Feature Count.
The Total Feature Count window appears. A grand total of the features counted appears at the bottom of the window.
- To export the feature count information, do one of the following:
- To export the feature count to a comma-separated value (CSV) file, click Save to CSV. The file contains the layer name, feature class name, subtype name, and totals based on feature class and subtype.
- To export the feature count as plain text, right-click in the Total Feature Count window and click Copy All. This copies the contents of the window so it can be pasted into a text document. The pasted information includes the totals for all the feature classes and subtypes.
- Click the Close button when you are finished viewing the feature counts.