A Geonames feature must be associated with a compliant feature, which happens once the UFI is copied into the NFI field for a selected feature. To do this, select one Geonames feature and at least one compliant feature to associate with it and use the Geonames UFI2NFI tool to populate the NFI field with the UFI value from the Geonames feature. The NFN field is populated with a null value (-32768).
- Start ArcMap.
- Load the Geonames features and necessary layers into the table of contents.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Defense Mapping.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Select one Geonames feature and at least one non-Geonames feature in the map display.
You can verify that only one Geonames feature is selected using the Update tab on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Geonames UFI2NFI button on the Defense Mapping toolbar.
The NFI and NFN fields of the selected features are populated with the UFI and UNI values from the Geonames feature, respectively.