The Landcover area feature classes are used as the base for all land areas, and only certain feature classes can be extracted as features on top of it. The feature class subtypes that can be used to represent other feature types either on or adjacent to land do not always represent all the subtypes available in a feature class.
The model contains very specific guidelines for the units of measurement that must be used when working with an extent. For example, each area is a cell 1 degree by 1 degree in size, and the Landcover area feature must cover the entire area without any gaps.
The MGCP LandCover Extension tool allows you to modify Landcover areas using specific feature classes when it is enabled.
Learn more about the subtypes that can be used to create LandCover features
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Defense Mapping MGCP Tools.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Click the MGCP LandCover Extension button on the Defense Mapping MGCP toolbar.
The button's appearance changes to let you know the MGCP LandCover Extension tool is enabled.
- Click the Create tab on the Manage Features window.
- Choose an appropriate feature class subtype as the target template.
- Create a polygon feature.
If the new feature intersects GroundA, it will automatically cut through the GroundA features.
- Repeat steps 7–8 as needed.
- Click the MGCP LandCover Extension button .
The button's appearance changes to let you know that the MGCP LandCover Extension tool is no longer enabled.