When the LandCover area within a cell is validated, a feature class is created so gaps in the LandCover can be represented in the map. The gaps are captured as line features and can include holes within a ground feature that is inside the cell. The MGCP LandCover Validation tool validates the LandCover feature within a cell feature during a Reviewer session and writes any errors found to the Reviewer table. Information written to the table consists of gaps found in the LandCover area contained within a cell.
Since the MGCP specification does not allow gaps within the LandCover area, these gaps must be filled using a feature class that is permissible to use as LandCover area.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load MGCP data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Defense Mapping MGCP Tools.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Start a Reviewer session in a personal, file, or enterprise geodatabase.
- Select Cell features in the map.
- Select a feature from the Cell feature class on the Update tab on the Manage Features window.
- Click the MGCP LandCover Validation button on the Defense Mapping MGCP Tools toolbar.
The cell is validated, and a message box appears once the process is complete.
- Open the Reviewer table by clicking the Reviewer Table button on the Data Reviewer toolbar to view any discrepancies found between the cell and the LandCover area.