After Apply Changes has been run, you will need to apply second edition updates. You can do this by updating the symbology and annotation for your chart product instance to reflect the changes that came through in the update sent from the NIS database.
Updating symbology and label fields
To update symbology and labels for new or updated features from the NIS database, you need to find and select those features first. When changed features are passed from the central database (NIS) to the chart production database, the features' Verified value is changed to 0, meaning "Not verified." Using the Select Unverified Features tool will select features where the Verified value is not 1. Once these features are selected, you can browse to them to determine whether or not their symbology or labeling needs to be updated.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, open the Nautical toolbar by clicking Customize > Production > Toolbar Settings > Nautical Chart Production on the main menu.
the Select Unverified Features button on the Nautical toolbar.
The unverified features are selected. If there are no unverified features or collection records in the database, a message appears saying that there are no unverified features.
- Right-click a record on the Update tab of the Manage Features window and click Zoom To to determine if it needs to be updated.
- If it does not need to be updated, you can right-click Unselect from the context menu.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each feature record to determine whether it needs to be updated.
- Once you have reviewed all the records, you will be left with a set of selected features that need to be updated by running the nautical symbology Calculate (Selected Set) tool.
- On the Nautical Symbology toolbar, click Symbology > Calculate (Selected Set).
Representation rules and text fields are assigned to the selected features.
- Click OK.
The symbology and annotation are updated for all selected features.