Each feature class in the DNC NIS schema contains the field library chart type, which identifies the DNC library scale of the feature data. The Checkout DNC Replica tool allows you to edit a subset of data from the enterprise DNC NIS in a file geodatabase child replica. You can then synchronize these edits with the NIS using the Synchronize Changes wizard.
With the Checkout DNC Replica tool, you can do the following:
- Select and edit a specific geographic extent, AOI, or product.
- Edit using a local file geodatabase, eliminating the potential for network latency.
- Select one or more scale libraries.
- Export to Vector Product Format (VPF) from the checkout replica.
- Reduce the need for a network connection to the NIS.
You can then edit the data in the child replica and synchronize these edits with the NIS. Template geodatabases for Harbor, Approach, Coastal, and General scale libraries are stored at <Installation location>\Program Files(x86)\ArcGIS\MaritimeCharting\Desktop10.3\Dnc\Schemas\Built\ReplicaDatabases.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data in the map if necessary.
- Click the Select Features button on the Tools toolbar.
- Select the polygons you want to use for an area of interest.
- Click the Checkout DNC Replica button on the Nautical DNC toolbar.
The Checkout DNC Replica dialog box appears.
- Click the ellipsis button (…) next to SDE Workspace.
- Browse to and choose the NIS enterprise workspace you want to replicate.
- Click Add.
- Click the Select Version drop-down arrow to define the version.
If a list of versions is not available, close the tool and create a new version. For more information, see Creating versions and setting permissions.
- In the Extraction area, choose one or more scale libraries you want to extract for the replica.
- Click the browse button for Output Folder.
- Browse to and choose a location to save the geodatabase.
- Click OK.
- Type a replica name for your production database in the Replica Name text box.
- Click OK.
- Click OK when the process completes.
The Creating Checkout Replica progress dialog box appears.
You can now load the data into ArcMap to edit, export, or Synchronizing edits to the DNC NIS back to the NIS database.