The ScaleBands.xml file is a configuration file used by ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting. It ensures that the export process references the proper agency-specific scale ranges when products are exported from the NIS database. It is installed at the following location:
- For 32-bit Windows operating systems—<Installation location>\Program Files\ArcGIS\MaritimeCharting\Desktop10.3.1\Common
- For 64-bit Windows operating systems—<Installation location>\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\MaritimeCharting\Desktop10.3.1\Common
Each hydrographic agency administrator needs to modify the ScaleBands.xml file to reflect the scales of their catalog of digital products.
The following is an example of the file format. You will need to update the values between the <ScaleBand> </ScaleBand> tags before you create any products:
<ScaleBand>2500</ScaleBand> <ScaleBand>5000</ScaleBand> <ScaleBand>10000</ScaleBand>
- Open the ScaleBands.xml file with a third-party XML application of your choice.
- Set the values in between the <ScaleBand> start and end tags to a scale value of your choice.
- Save the XML file and close it.