ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting uses the Radar Range method for determining SCAMIN. SCAMIN values are derived and applied dynamically using the compilation scale of the product, or the M_CSCL feature within the product, and a combination of rules and tables (Standard Radar Scale and SCAMIN Scale Values) contained in the SCAMIN XML file. If no rule is defined for a specific S-57 object, no action takes place. Depending on your requirements, you may need to configure the SCAMIN XML file before use.
- In a browser, browse to one of the sample SCAMIN.xml files located in the ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting installation directory:
- For 32-bit Windows operating systems—<installation location>\Program Files\ArcGIS\MaritimeCharting\Desktop10.3.1\Common
- For 64-bit Windows operating systems—<installation location>\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\MaritimeCharting\Desktop10.3.1\Common
- Open the XML file with an XML text editor or Windows Notepad.
- Modify the SCAMIN XML file according to the Radar Range method.
- Save the file.