You can load the Digital Nautical Chart Nautical Information System (DNC NIS) XML workspace, which is preconfigured and available with ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting. It contains all the necessary feature classes and tables that can be used in an enterprise geodatabase to manage the DNC NIS.
The DNC NIS XML workspace includes one DNC feature dataset and several other notes-related tables.
- Start ArcMap.
- In the Catalog window, expand Database Connections.
- Double-click the DNC NIS owner connection geodatabase to connect to it.
- Right-click the geodatabase you just connected to and click Import > XML Workspace Document.
- Click the Data option if it is not already selected.
- Browse to one of the following locations to open the XML file:
- For 32-bit Windows operating systems—<Install directory>\Program Files\ArcGIS\MaritimeCharting\Desktop10.3.1\Dnc\Schemas\Workspace
- For 64-bit Windows operating systems—<Install directory>\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\MaritimeCharting\Desktop10.3.1\Dnc\Schemas\Workspace
- Choose NAUTICAL_DNC_NIS_TEMPLATE_GX.XML.
- Click Open.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.