You can load the Nautical Information System (NIS) XML workspace that is preconfigured and avialiabe with ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting. It contains all the necessary feature classes and tables that can be used in an enterprise geodatabase to manage the NIS.
The NIS XML workspace includes one Nautical feature dataset, three delete feature classes that store the deleted features, one ClosingLinesL feature class that can be used to generate depth areas, collections and FREL tables that store spatial relationship information, and other tables.
- Start ArcMap.
- In the Catalog window, expand Database Connections.
- Double-click the NIS owner connection geodatabase to connect to it.
- Right-click the geodatabase you just connected to and click Import > XML Workspace Document.
- Click the Data option if it is not already selected.
- Browse to one of the following locations to open the XML file:
- For 32-bit Windows operating systems—<Install directory>\Program Files\ArcGIS\MaritimeCharting\Desktop10.3.1\Nis\Schemas\Workspace
- For 64-bit Windows operating systems—<Install directory>\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\MaritimeCharting\Desktop10.3.1\Nis\Schemas\Workspace
- Select NAUTICAL_NIS_TEMPLATE_GX.XML.
- Click Open.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.