The ENC created by the Generate QC Cell tool can be tested in third-party validation software to validate the data against S-58. Once the data is validated, the log file can be parsed by the S-58 Log To Reviewer Table script tool to import errors and warnings as records in the Reviewer table.
Writing the S-58 validation results to the Reviewer table
The S-58 Log To Reviewer Table script tool parses validation log files generated by dKart Inspector 6.x and ENC Analyzer 3.x.
- Start ArcMap.
- Add the Nautical feature dataset from your NIS to the Table Of Contents window.
- If necessary, change the version used to generate the ENC by doing the following:
- Click the List By Source button at the top of the Table Of Contents window.
- Right-click the version workspace and click Change Version.
The Change Version dialog box appears.
- Choose the edit version.
- Click OK.
- Click the ArcToolbox button on the Standard toolbar.
The ArcToolbox window appears.
- Browse to Nautical Tools > Validation.
- Double-click the S-58 Log To Reviewer Table script tool.
The S-58 Log To Reviewer Table dialog box appears.
- Click the browse button next to the Validation Log File parameter and browse to a validation log file generated by a supported third-party validation software provider.
The ENC File parameter will autopopulate if you select a validation log file that references an ENC in the same folder as the log file..
- If necessary, click the browse button next to ENC File and browse to the ENC file that was run through a third-party validation software.
- Click the browse button next to the Production Database parameter and browse to your NIS.
To connect to an enterprise database
To connect to an enterprise geodatabase for SQL Server Express
Right-click the database in the Catalog window, click Change Versions, click the correct version in the Change Version dialog box, and click OK.
- Click the browse button next to the Data Reviewer Workspace parameter and browse to a file geodatabase where you would like the validation results to be stored.
- Click OK.
Starting the Reviewer session and opening the Reviewer table
Once the validation results are imported into the Reviewer table, you can query, select, modify, and manage these records.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Data Reviewer.
- Click the Reviewer Session Manager button on the Data Reviewer toolbar.
The Reviewer Session Manager dialog box appears.
- Click Browse and browse to the Reviewer workspace that was used in the S-58 Log To Reviewer Table script tool.
- Click Add.
- Click the ID drop-down arrow and select the session associated with the validation results you would like to review.
- Click Start Session.
The button name changes to End Session.
- Click Close.
- If necessary, add the contents of the Nautical feature dataset from your NIS to the Table Of Contents window.
- Click the Reviewer Table button on the Data Reviewer toolbar.
In the Reviewer table, you can zoom to, pan to, select, and evaluate individual errors that have been recorded so that they can be corrected.