After the enterprise geodatabase has been created, a preconfigured nautical product library XML workspace can be imported in an enterprise geodatabase to manage nautical data and products. The XML contains all the necessary features classes and tables that can be used.
The XML workspace contains the standard product library tables. It is also preconfigured with a solution node (Nautical) and many class nodes (ENC, Chart, and so on) and has the unit conversion (if necessary), Element, and VST tables.
- Unzip the nautical product library file.
The preconfigured workspace XML for ENC and Chart is available on GitHub. There is also one .gdb installed for DNC on Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 at <Installation location>\ProgramData\ESRI\Production10.3.1\Desktop\ProductLibraryFiles.
- Start ArcMap.
- In the Catalog window, expand Database Connections.
- Double-click the product library administrator connection geodatabase to connect to it.
- Right-click the geodatabase you just connected to and click Import > XML Workspace Document.
- Click the Data option if it is not already selected.
- Select the nautical product library located in the directory from step 1.
- Click Open.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.