When implementing the ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting in an organization, there are several ways to maintain your system so that performance is not degraded over time.
In an effort to maximize performance, production databases are compressed when checked into the product library; while that addresses routine maintenance, large updates that occur during the product lifecycle may require additional attention.
The steps below should be performed after you baseline the product to help overall performance. These steps should also be done periodically as you apply multiple updates from the NIS database.
- Start ArcCatalog.
- Make sure you are connected to the DEFAULT version of your product.
- Right-click the production database (your database) and click Administration > Compress Database.
- Click Yes on the Confirm Compress dialog box that appears.
- Right-click the database and click Administration > Geodatabase Maintenance.
The Geodatabase Maintenance dialog box appears.
- Check the Analyze, Rebuild all indexes, and Shrink geodatabase check boxes.
- Click OK.
- Close ArcCatalog when maintenance is finished.