Making sure that you have set the correct page size for your chart is important. Setting the page size will ensure that hard-copy plots are printed to an appropriately sized sheet of paper.
The page size has to be modified based on the scale of the chart and its geographic extent. It is important to set this now so that it will not conflict with layout features in future steps.
- If necessary, switch to Layout View.
- On the main menu, click File > Page and Print Setup.
- Click the Name drop-down arrow and choose a printer.
- In the Paper area, choose the orientation of the chart as either Portrait or Landscape.
- Click the Size drop-down arrow in the Paper area and choose the size that fits the chart (for example, ANSI E).
If nothing matches the chart measurements in the Size drop-down list, uncheck the Use Printer Paper Settings check box and type the width and height of the paper into their respective fields.
- Click OK to apply your changes and review the results.
You may need to select the data frame and drag it to the center of the page.
You may need to resize the data frame to fit on the page. If you do, be sure to change the map scale back to the reference scale.